Monday, November 10, 2008

splitting a squash

OK, so i had to do this project for school here it goes.




First mom split the squash in half with a knife, and my science book said I had to count all the seeds















I put all the seeds in a bowl. There were 213 seeds in all! My science book said that each seed would make a vine with 20 gourds on it. It said to multiply it by 213 so I did and I got 4,260. It said whenever we told someone about Jesus they might go and tell 2 other people and a pattern would happen.












Here is a picture of Rosco eating some of the squash pieces that fell on the floor. Mom was cutting up the squash to put in a recipe that's why pieces of squash were on the floor. It was fun doing this lesson and I learned an important lesson too! "You can plant seeds by asking people what they think about Jesus, and then telling them what Jesus means to you. You can tell them about the prayers He has answered and how he has helped you. When God answers a prayer, tell everyone you see about it. When people tell you they are worried or sad, ask them if you can pray with them. pray diligently for everyone who needs it. You may not know how many seeds grew from the words you spoke to others, but God knows and is delighted with the things you do for him". (Exploring Creation with Botany)
Here is a picture of moms apple squash bake.














































1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Ansir remember me Kayla.I have been reading your blog.I thing its wonderful. Its sad that u moved away from South Dakota. I am in 5th grad now. Hope u have a nice day!!! :-)